This instruction is depricated. Use https://vlasenko.org/2011/01/31/how-to-start-with-powerslim/ instead.
There is the setup package available from the powerSlim 0.2. It will install all you need (Fitnesse, IronPython, WaferSlim, PowerSlim) to the C:\PowerSlim folder. Use it to get the idea how to setup PowerSlim. Later you can use your own installation of the Fitnesse and/or IronPython. Please be sure that you have Java 6 installed before. You will get the Green Demo Suite at the end of the setup process. There are small amount of tests for a while. There will be more soon, stay tuned!
Original post starts here:
We have two hosts:
- BUILDER (where we build our project)
- TESTMACHINE (where we have SUT)
In that case we need to follow next steps to get the power of PowerSlim:
- BUILDER: install Java 6
- BUILDER: download the latest fitnesse.jar
- BUILDER: install Fitnesse http://fitnesse.org/FitNesse.UserGuide.DownloadingAndInstallingFitNesse
- TESTMACHINE: install the latest IronPython. Please use the msi to install it with the standard Python library. Use the folder without white-spaces (e.g. c:\IronPython) while installation.
- TESTMACHINE: download the latest waferslim
- TESTMACHINE: put waferslim folder to the \IronPython\Lib\site-packages directory
- TESTMACHINE: download the latest PowerSlim
- TESTMACHINE: put it to some folder (e.g. c:\PowerSlim)
- TESTMACHINE: install PowerShell 2.0
Now we are ready for testing…to be continued…