1. Get ISO image from https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/index.php?p=free-esxi&lp=1
2. Put it on CD
3. Plug this CD to your server and make the quick installation
4. Go to your server http://server/…You’ll get the Welcome Page
5. Download vSphere Client from this page. Install it.
6. You’ll be notified about evolution mode (60 days)
7. You need to get the serial number from the WMVare site (login under you registered account and get it)
8. The features will be restricted after you applied the serial number (http://blogs.vmware.com/esxi/2009/06/esxi-vs-esx-a-comparison-of-features.html)